Midnight Haunt

Go Back   Midnight Haunt > Gaming > Pinebox, TX

Old 08-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Unsuspecting Camper

Send a message via AIM to spake759 Send a message via Yahoo to spake759
Pinebox, TX in Our Home Campaigns...

Hi there everyone,

I was wondering... Does anyone else use Pinebox, TX in their home campaigns? I've been working on building a d20 Modern campaign for my home campaign for a while now, and have based it's location on the maps and information i've been able to get dealing with Pinebox, TX... The only differences has been some changes... a few more buildings that are taller/bigger than two stories, the addition of a military base a few miles a way where the PCs operate out of (Camp Purgatory, based on the maps of Camp Trepitation from the module Weekend Warriors) as part of the top secret military unit Task Force 555 that is known unofficially as the 'Shadow Chasters'. They are sent on missions dealing with the strange and unusual... Be it paranormal threats, fighting against terrorists armed with occultic artifiacts or just the creations of some mad scientist.

The PCs will be dealing with both paranormal and mudane threats.

One of the threats that Task Force 555 will be dealing with is a maverick scientist who has decided to solve the fact that many species have gone extinct using cloning technology, and to do this he has created a network of envirnomentalists who have worked together to raise the money to fund the work, and to gather samples of DNA to bring the extinct species form the dead.... Unfortuantely, some of the samples of an aerial dino that was found in the British Isles actually was something else... Something even more dangerous than ever thought possible.

Take Care and Stay Safe,
Richard and Emma Spake

Last edited by spake759; 08-02-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Jackson
Spook Masta

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackson
I think you have some great ideas. We do have a secret military complex in Golan County, though ours is different from Camp Trepidation as much of it is underground. I think the 555 is an awesome idea and Pinebox is an ideal place to look for the paranormal (See the stories section, as I want to get deeper into the history of the county).

Let me know how it goes and please, add the writeups or ideas to the story section of the forums.

Look forward to reading what you come up with.

Ed

Personal Blog is www.12tomidnighted.blogspot.com

Hey Mr. Dinosaur, you really couldn't ask for more. You were God's favorite creature, but you didn't have a future. Walking in your footsteps.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Unsuspecting Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson
I think you have some great ideas. We do have a secret military complex in Golan County, though ours is different from Camp Trepidation as much of it is underground. I think the 555 is an awesome idea and Pinebox is an ideal place to look for the paranormal (See the stories section, as I want to get deeper into the history of the county).

Let me know how it goes and please, add the writeups or ideas to the story section of the forums.

Look forward to reading what you come up with.

Ed
Sure thing!

I forgot to add that Task Force 555 "Shadow Slayers" is the miltiary might of the Office for Paranormal Investigation & Intervention (OPII). The sister agency of the OSS (Office of Strategic Services, forerunner of the CIA) that was originally formed to create an organization that could counter Hitler's interest in the Occult (the Nazis sank as much resources into the Occult studies as the US sank into the Manhattan Project).

And Camp Purgatory was originally built to house the many Nazi scietnists, occultists and technicians who had defected to the allies before, during and after the Second World War. The Headquarters of OPII is still located at Camp Purgatory, the only sign marking said building is... "Restricted Access: Authorized Personnel Only"... The building has it's own security fence and gatehouse that is constantly patrolled around the clock by 2 MP sentries and a K9.

I had originally thought of the OPII headquarters being an underground facility based on the Mt. Pony facitlies, and might still do this when i finally get a chance to draw out the floorplan / map of the facilities.

Richard and Emma Spake
Old 12-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Unsuspecting Camper

Tuesday 01 July 2008

“...the Department of Homeland Security has announced today that they have changed the National Threat level form Elevated Risk (Yellow) to High Risk (Orange). This has been the first time the National Threat Level has been changed since the system was enacted in 2002. Also Secretary Michael Chertoff has asked the American people to please remain on alert since Intelligence assets in the Middle East have identified a highly credible threat to the American people that possibly involves the release of a Biological Weapon in a major American city. House Democratic Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has released a public statement that the Bush Administration is only attempting to use fear to distract the American people from the troubles that are currently being faced in Iraq. In other News...” - , ,
Old 12-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Unsuspecting Camper

“... in the aftermath of the declaration of Martial Law, the Bush Administration has used the United States Armed Forces in an attempt to quarantine the infected cities and areas of the United States while the President and other high ranking members of the Administration have been secreted into bunkers while leaving the American people to at the mercy of those poor souls whom have become victims of this bio-terrorist attack...” - , ,
Old 09-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Frightened Bystander

I have been running a Supernatural campaign (using the Supernatural RPG) and Pinebox has become a sort of basecamp for the hunters when not out on the road.

eckSERMONATOR - evolve your thinking