Midnight Haunt

Go Back   Midnight Haunt > General > General

Old 07-06-2006, 01:08 AM
Unsuspecting Camper

Thanks you guys just got me ...

...bitched at. I was chatting online with a guy I used to work and game with years ago and I told him I was regeristing here on this site because I bought a few of your products to use in my Savage Worlds game. (great stuff by the way) when he posts that this was a right wing site, and when I questioned him he said the Savage Worlds was a neo-con game. I'm not sure why he thinks this. I'm not here to talk politics, it's just that I have read the Savage Worlds rules and the 12 to midnight stuff and I don't see alot of political stuff anywhere. Just wondering
Old 07-06-2006, 02:19 AM
Jackson
Spook Masta

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackson
Savage Worlds is Neo-Con????!?!!???!?

WTF????

Okay....here is the skinny and it's all my PERSONAL opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the other owners of 12 to Midnight, Pinnacle or any other individual or corporation or company involved...yada, yada, yada.....

I'm not a d20 guy. My buddies and partners are, but I'm not. I love Savage Worlds. IMHO, d20 is about numbers and min/maxing, SW is about free form ease of play. I can create a SW character for any genre in five minutes. I can prepare an entire session in twenty minutes. We can have huge battles with over 50 minis in thirty minutes. One combat in d20 takes half an hour with limited numbers of participants.

Now, d20 is fun and has it's place. In fact, right now my home group is playing the Age of Worms from the Dungeon magazine series and having a blast. However, if I was only going to get one game to play for the rest of my life it would be Savage Worlds.

Now how does politics enter into that?

I will be honest with you and state that I am very much an Independent and have a conservative political bent that I will not apologize for. I hope others disagree with my politics and I hope for rational debate. But folks this is a GAME and a GAME site. There are many in the industry who are very liberal, some even Communistic in their beliefs, but if they put out a good game, hell I'll buy it. A game that brings people together, whether d20, SW, Gurps, whatever, is not about politics, it's about fun and being with your friends. Sharing adventures and sociialization.

I admit that in Innana's Kiss I labeled the bad guys "terrorists." Sorry but my personal definition of someone killing innocent people is "terrorists." So maybe that whacked him out. If so, sorry. He has a right to his opinion, I have a right to mine, and you have a right to yours. However, the adventure itself was simply a military-horror adventure and was not written with any political agenda.

In Last Rites, the ultimate bad guy is a Nazi Mummy. Nazis are BAD!!!! Okay, that's a political statement, but I stand behind it. Does that make me a conservative or liberal?

The rest of our stuff is sooooo far from being political, I can't even fathom where he got that idea.

Finally, thanks for registering and posting and I hope to see ya around again. Hopefully you can set yer buddy straight. I personally hate being labeled anything.

May all your hits ace!

Ed

Personal Blog is www.12tomidnighted.blogspot.com

Hey Mr. Dinosaur, you really couldn't ask for more. You were God's favorite creature, but you didn't have a future. Walking in your footsteps.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:31 AM
GlenMac
The Professor

Send a message via AIM to GlenMac Send a message via Yahoo to GlenMac
Got to agree with Ed. Nothing about our gaming is political. Ed and I might get political on our blogs but it has nothing to do with 12 to Midnight Inc. or vice versa. I'm just a Texas proud game geek.
Pinebox, TX

Visit my blog
http://simpleamerican.blogspot.com/
Old 07-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Unsuspecting Camper

Well it's no big deal. I haven't talked to the guy face to face for years. But he sure did seem to have a bee in his bonnet over something. As for me I simply will flat out not talk politics or religion, period. I don't care to try to change your mind and you ain't changing mine so why waste the time. In a way I'm kinda sorry I started this thread. As soon as I posted it I realized that I already knew the answer. I have read the material and I found nothing offence contained within, so it really did not matter what he thought. I like your products I have Fear Effects, Last Rites(I started running that last night by the way) Bloodlines and Innana's Kiss(somewhere on my hard drive that is) I even like your blogs, and I don't as a general rule like blogs, so in the end that is what matters. Well I got to run Ive got some dogs to feed, but its been nice talking to you folks.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Jackson
Spook Masta

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackson
Hey Stump,

Actually after rereading my reply, I think I came off very serious, but really that wasn't my intent. Guess I shouldn't post at 2:30 in the morning....

But your post wasn't political at all, and I didn't mind it at all.

Glad yer here!

Personal Blog is www.12tomidnighted.blogspot.com

Hey Mr. Dinosaur, you really couldn't ask for more. You were God's favorite creature, but you didn't have a future. Walking in your footsteps.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Neal5x5
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to Neal5x5
Wink You been found out...

Sorry guys, but I think you've been found out. There's oodles of neocon references in all the products. In Bloodlines, Molly Blackwell is obviously a loosely veiled reference to Latin American nations, and the scene with the well full of scorpions is such a blanant metaphor for the benefits of globalization that I was shocked to see it. Brainwashed is just one big anti-immigration morality tale, and I can clearly see an image of Rumsfeld and Cheney in the background of one illustration. Heck, Last Rites even has the political dimension in the title -- when I first got it I thought it was a reprint of a National Review article.

I'd write more but the satellite that controls the implants in my uterous is coming overhead and I need to tighten the tinfoil on my hat...

"Evil enters like a needle and spreads like an oak tree." Ethiopian Proverb